Following a five month campaign across 21 parliamentary constituencies Anthony Stansfeld was elected as your Police & Crime Commissioner. As the Police & Crime Commissioner Anthony will set the priorities for the Police in the Thames Valley as well as setting the annual budget and police share of council tax.
Anthony is committed to:
- Reducing crime and driving up detection rates
- Maintaining the balance between urban and rural policing
- Ensuring the Police budget is targeted effectively
- Protecting vulnerable people
- Ensuring the Police act firmly and fairly, using good judgement to deal with the public politely, gaining their respect and acting with integrity.
On his election Anthony said, "I would like to thank everyone who took the opportunity to vote for me. I feel honoured to be the first Police & Crime Commissioner for Thames Valley and I am looking forward to getting on with the job for which I have been elected."