- Our service personnel are working across the world to keep us all safe. Against a backdrop of increasing threats, we must invest and modernise our Armed Forces.
- That is why we have increased our investment in defence year on year – driving innovation, increasing our global presence, growing our armed forces and making our nation safer.
- Jeremy Corbyn cannot be trusted to protect our Armed Forces and would put the security of the UK at risk.
Getting our country back on the road to a brighter future by:
- Providing additional funding for defence – so that our Armed Forces have the right capabilities to keep us all safe. In 2018, we provided an additional £1.8 billon of funding for defence and as part of the 2019 Spending Round the Government committed an additional £2.2 billion - this takes the total of additional benefit for defence to £4 billion from 2017-18 to 2020-21.
- Spending over 2 per cent of GDP on defence – so we continue to lead in NATO. We are one of only a small number of countries to meet the NATO commitment.
- Renewing our continuous at sea nuclear deterrent, Trident – the ultimate guarantee of our safety. We have a political and moral responsibility to our people’s safety and our allies.
- Supporting and caring for our brave veterans. We have appointed a Minister for Veterans and created an Office for Veteran’s Affairs to ensure veterans receive the support they need in across all areas of life.
- Investing £1.2 billion in brand new equipment and technology for our troops. Our Equipment Plan is delivering the best capability for our Armed Forces.
Q: Is the Government providing enough to keep the military property funded?
Yes – we are committed to investing in our world class Armed Forces, meeting our international commitments, and ensuring they have the support and resources they need to keep our country safe.